ORAL PATHOLOGY AND MICROBIOLOGY
About the Department
Oral pathology is the specialty of dentistry and pathology which deals with the nature, identification, and management of diseases affecting the oral and maxillofacial regions. It is a science that investigates the causes, processes and effects of these diseases. The practice of oral pathology includes research, diagnosis of diseases using clinical, radiographic, microscopic, biochemical or other examinations, and management of patients.
The department has a well equipped HISTOPATHOLOGY AND CYTOPATHOLOGY LABORATORY with routine & special stains facility. We have cancer screening clinics run by the department of oral pathology. Other procedures include hematology, special stains and Brush Biopsy.
The department is well equipped with a State-of-the-Art Olympus tri-head research microscope with a photo micrographic attachment and image analysis software, and other attachments like Phase Contrast & Polarizing, to facilitate better diagnosis & easy teaching & discussions with faculty members and students. The automatic tissue processing unit & automatic tissue microtome aid in regular processing. A good number of teaching aids like microscopic slides, posters, photographs, specimens & digital presentations.
We aim at engaging into further research, bringing in newer techniques including immunohistochemistry & other advanced microscopy & histopathological procedures in the near future.
DR. JYOTI YADAV
Email Id : email@example.com
M. D. S
Sudha Rustagi College of Dental
Pt B.D Sharma University of health sciences, Rohtak
Diploma Course (Forensic Odontology)
Sparkle Institute of Forensic Science, Delhi
Dept Of Education,New Delhi
"Etiopathogenesis of Oral Submucous Fibrosis" – Library Dissertation
"Quantitative AgNOR's study on Follicular, Plexiform and Unicystic Ameloblastoma"- Main Dissertation (Thesis)
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS OF M.D.S.:
Second ranker in subject (Oral Pathology and Microbiology) in M.D.S Exam in University
Scientific Presentations: 3 (PAPER PRESENTATION: 2, POSTER PRESENTATION: 1)
SCIENTIFIC PAPER PRESENTATION- DEATH CHEMISTRY- "Effect of various acids on teeth" and "Peripheral fibromyxoma- A case report."
POSTER PRESENTATION-"LAFFER ASCHER'S SYNDROME"
Working as Senior Lecturer in Sudha Rustagi College of Dental Science and Research, Faridabad, Haryana from 3/10/2012 till date.
1. Fused root stump mimicking cemental growth/cementicle. J Interdiscip Dentistry 2012; 2(1):44-6.
2. Peripheral Ossifying Fibroma: A Case Report. J Dental Specialities vol1 iss 1 mar(2013).
3. Death Chemistry: Effect of various acids on teeth. Indian J Dent Sci dec 2015.
4. Architectural Analysis of Picrosirius Red Stained Collagen in Oral Epithelial Dysplasia and Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma using Polarization Microscopy. J Clin Diagn Res. 2015 Dec; 9(12): EC13–EC16.
5. Crosstalk between Mind and Oral Cavity: An Insight into Pathogenesis, Classification, Presentation and Management of Oral Psychosomatic Disorders. International Neuropsychiatric Dis J, ISSN: 2321-7235,Vol.5, Iss: 2(2016).
6. Laffer Ascher syndrome- letter of acceptance received in pubmed indexed journal.
1. All India Dental students conference on 2-4th nov 2007 at Govt Dental College, Amritsar.
2. Dental Symposium Cum Workshop(Hands On CPR) at Lady Hardinge Medical College On 20th June, 2009
3. Mentor Guided Oral Rehabilitation with Dental Implants at Sudha Rustagi College of Dental Sciences and Research On 6th July, 2009
4. IX National P.G. Convention of IAOMP at Vijayawada on 26-27 July,2009
5. Continuing Dental Education on Forensic Odontology at Subharti Dental College, Meerut on 31st July, 2009.
6. 17th Annual conference of IAACD- 'Back to the Future' organized at hotel Le Meridian, Newdelhi on 29oct- 1nov 2009.
7. XVII National Conference of IAOMP at New Delhi from 27-29th November, 2009
8. CDE Program on "Oro-Facial Infections" Conducted by the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology at Subharti Dental College, Meerut on 19thmarch, 2010.
9. X National Post Graduate Convention of IAOMP at Coorg on 16th & 17th June, 2010.
10. CDE Program Conducted by the Dept Of Periodontics, Sudha Rustagi College Of Dental Sciences And Research – "Changing Face Of Periodontal Practice" on 17th August, 2010, Faridabad, Haryana
11. CDE Program Conducted by the Dept of Oral Pathology & Microbiology-"En Route to the Final Diagnosis" Organized by Sudha Rustagi College of Dental Sciences and Research, on 29th September, 2010, Faridabad, Haryana.
12. CDE Program Conducted by the Dept of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology, M.M. College Of Dental Sciences And Research, Mullana, Ambala-"The Intricacies Of Oral Malignancies" on 23rd October, 2010.
13. VIII Indian Association of Forensic Odontology National Conference Held at S.P.P.G.I.D.M.S, Lucknow on 30th & 31stOctober, 2010.
14. CDE Program Conducted by the Dept of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology, IDST, Modinagar, U.P -"Diagnostic Dilemas In Oral Pathology" on 18th November, 2010.
15. Global Dental Congress By International College Of Dentists Held At New Delhi- "Trouble Shooters Worldwide" On 11-12 November, 2011
16. 36th Annual Conference of Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons of India on "Research Methodology" Held at Indian Habitat Centre, New Delhi on 24th December'2011.
17. Guest lecture on 'The mouth and society' by Dr Barry Gibson hosted by dept of Public Health Dentistry on 10 april 2012 at Sudha Rustagi College of Dental Science and Research, Faridabad.
18. CDE Program Conducted by the Dept of Oral Pathology & Microbiology on DNA Fingertyping hosted by SGT Dental College, Gurgaon.
19. OOOE Symposium held in Pacific Dental College, Udaipur on 9-11march 2014.
Continuing Education Programme: All Department's conduct continuing education programme (CDE). The department conducts routine CDE program for graduates and postgraduates to encourage continuous learning and interaction with faculty from other colleges.
CDE Program, PG symposium & inter disciplinary clinical meet & scientific research discussions are held regularly in the college. In the last 3 years 30 CDE Programme & workshops have been conducted by all the departments. The PG & Faculty are oriented to research methodology & scientific paper work in the form of posters & Oral presentation and Publication's. Speakers of not only national repute but international speakers are also invited as guest Lectures. Mr. Mark Chapman from Germany, Dr. Tarlochan Singh of USA, Dr. Barry Gibson from Sheffield university, UK, and recently Dr. Amy Gan from Malaysia and many other eminent personalities have visited the institution and have exchanged their thoughts and imparted additional knowledge to our students and faculty.
The Department of Conservative & Endodontics conducted CDE on Managing Efficient and Effective Endodontics practices, The Department of Oral Pathology & Microbiolgy conducted a CDE programme on Odontogenic Pathologies Unravelled in its entirety by Dr Aadithya B. Urs. & Dr. Meghanand T. Nayar, which was well attended and appreciated by the students and general practitioners alike; Oral & Maxillofacial organized a program titled "CDCT & its Application in Dentistry", Department of Conservative Dentistry organized CDE on "Endo 4 U" The ABC of Modern Conservative Endo, Colgate CDE ON Practice Management. The Department of Conservative & Endodontics conducted another CDE ON Managing Efficient and Effective Endodontics practices by Dr. Laxmikant R.Kamatagi.
Also, SRCDSR in association with Sarvodhya Hospital & Research Centre organized a CDE on Oral Cancer, International Oral &Maxillofacial This day is used to raise awareness and promote the role of the oral & maxillofacial surgeons play in Oral Health Care on a global scale and to celebrate the impact that oral & maxillofacial surgeons have on individual lives on a daily basis. Due to the increase in the incidence of maxillofacial trauma in the last decade, road safety measures were also stressed upon to create acquaintance amongst the citizens. It turned out to be a unique platform for increasing cognizance of oral & maxillofacial surgery not only in the profession but also among the lay people.
The Department of Prosthodontics organized CDE on the topic "Prosthetics-A key to success in implantology" by Dr Uri Arny (Israel) in the college Auditorium. Dr. Uri Arny shed light on ARDS implant system and conducted a Hands-on program after the lecture for the benefit of participants. The hands-on program was a resounding success. This scientific session was well attended by faculty, students and interns.
Scientific Research Papers are being published in national & international journals and till date nearly 260 publications have been published both by staff & PG of which 17 are local, 14 state level, 135 are National & 95 are International Publications. Our Post-graduates being awarded the best papers bear testimonials to our excellence. Nearly 25 best scientific Posters & Paper Presentations awards are achieved in various categories at National level both by staff & PG in 3 years.
DR. SHIKHA KHANTANA
DR. SHWETA REHANI
Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Born in Delhi and attained schooling from Delhi. Now a resident of Faridabad.
Educational & Professional Background:
. Graduated from Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore in 2004.
. Did Masters in Oral Pathology & Forensic Odontology in 2008; After completing post-graduation, worked in MCODS, Manipal for almost 3 years there.
. In 2012 joined Sudha Rustagi College of Dental Sciences and have been attached since then.
. 9 years of full time teaching experience in dental colleges.
. Streamlined various postgraduate and undergraduate activities.
. Member of PG Board studies of Pt BD Sharma University Health Sciences, Rohtak.
. Have been external/ internal examiner and paper setter for undergraduate university examinations.
. Have been internal examiner for postgraduate university examinations.
. Have been working as an active coordinator, supervisor, examiner in Undergraduate and post-graduate dental curriculum.
. Have Been Judge for the Post Graduate student poster session in XVI Annual National PG Convention, Merrut, 2017.
Research & Interests:
Oral Cancer, Premalignant Conditions and Odontogenic Pathologies
1. Member of Karnataka State Dental Council.
2. Member of Indian Dental association.
3. Member of Indian academy of Oral Pathologists.
4. Fellow of Academy of General Education (FAGE), Manipal
AWARDS: Won Best Paper for the scientific paper presented at XVI National Conference of Indian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathologists, 2007.
Non Indexed Journals
Email Id : email@example.com.
Dr.Prabhakar obtained his BDS and MDS from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore. Successfully passed the Masters degree exam of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology in 2011 from A.J.Institute of Dental Sciences Mangalore. Has Joined A.J.Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore in 2012 as Assistant Professor and now holds the post of Reader in Department of Oralpathology in Sudha Rustagi College of Dental Sciences, Faridabad. Areas of special interests: Head and Neck Cancer, Forensic Odontology, Salivary Gland Tumors, Immuno Histochemistry. Professional Memberships: Member of Karnataka State Dental Council and Member of Post Graduate Board of Studies in Oralpathology & Microbiology, Pt. B.D. Sharma, University of Health Sciences, Rohtak. Haryana.
Awards/ Recent / significant publications: International & National.
PUBLICATIONS IN JOURNALS INDEXED IN PUBMED:
1. Dinkar Desai, Siddharth Pandith, Prabhakar A Jeergal, Arathi K and Rajan Saini. Fibroblastic Variant of Osteosarcoma: A Challenge in Diagnosis and Management. The Open Dentistry Journal, 2010, Volume: 4, 211-217.
2. Savita Lasrado, Prashanth Prabhu, Anjali kakria, Tanuj Kanchan, Sadip Pant, Brijesh Sathian, P Gangadharan, VS Binu, SV Arathisenthil, Prabhakar A Jeergal, Neil A Luis, Ritesh G Menezes. Clinicopathological Profile of Head and Neck Cancers in the Western Development Region, Nepal: A 4- Year Snapshort. Asian pacific J Cancer Prev, 2012, 13 (12), 6059-6062.
3. Prabhakar A Jeergal, R Surekha, Priyadarshini Sharma, K Anila, Vasanthi A Jeergal, Tabitha Rani. Prevalence, perception and attitude of dental students towards academic dishonesty and ways to overcome cheating behaviours. Journal of Advanced Clinical and Research Insights, 2015, 2, 2-6.
4. Siddharth Pandit, Dinkar Desai, Prabhakar A Jeergal, Sowmya Venkatesh. Awareness of forensic odontology among police personnel: A new ray of hope in forensic odontology. Journal of Forensic Dent Sci, 2016, 8, 1, 56.
5. Prabhakar A Jeergal, Siddharth Pandit, Dinkar Desai, R Surekha, Vasanthi A Jeergal. Morphological patterns of lip prints in Mangaloreans based on Suzuki and Tsuchihashi classification. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, 2016, Vol 20, issue 2, 155-162.
6. Smita Bussari1, Taiminaz Mueez Shedam, Priyanka Debta, Nahid Ayub Shaikh, Niranjan R. Yeli, Prabhakar A. Jeergal , Ramniwas Kumawat. A Retrospective Clinicopathological Study of Salivary Gland Tumors with Particular Reference to Histological Types, Site, Age, and Sex Distribution. Journal of International Oral Health (Dec 2016/Vol 08/ issue 12, Page: 1-7).
PUBLICATIONS IN Indian JOURNALS INDEXED :
1. Dinkar Desai, Prabhakar A Jeergal. Sex Determination Through Various Methods in Craniofacial Region, Journal of Postgraduate Dentistry, 2010, 1
2. Prabhakar A Jeergal, Dinkar Desai, Siddharth Pandit. Microgravity- The present and the future direction, Journal of Postgraduate Dentistry, 2012, 1, 72.
3. Dinkar Desai, Prabhakar A Jeergal. Cytomorphology in Oral Smears, Journal of Postgraduate Dentistry, 2012, 1.