ORAL MEDICINE AND RADIOLOGY
VISION OF DEPARTMENT
Oral medicine and radiology department focuses on diagnosis of various orodental disorders. The department is concerned with the production and interpretation of images and data produced is used for the diagnosis and management of diseases, disorders and conditions of the oral and maxillofacial region.
Email Id : romesh_gupta email@example.com
He did his Graduation from Sardar Patel Dental College Lucknow 2002 & MDS from Kanti Devi dental college Mathura in Oral Medicine and Radiology 2011. He is a clinician as well as academician. His area of interest is oral maxillofacial radiology that includes advanced diagnostic imaging. He takes special interest in student support system involving extracurricular activities both outside and inside the college.
1. Life membership of - IAOMR
2. Life membership Indian Red Cross Society
3. Editorial board International Journal of Maxillofacial Imaging
BOOKS AUTHORED AND PUBLICATIONS
1. Tens in Dentistry LAMBERT Academic Publishing
2. Maxillofacial Prosthodontics LAMBERT Academic Publishing
3. Mandibular movements in Prosthodontics LAMBERT Academic Publishing
4. Herpes zoster a case report International journal of clinical cases and investigation 2013. Volume 5 (Issue 3), 3:10, 1st October 2013
5. Giant Peripheral ossifying fibroma a case report International journal of clinical cases and investigation2013volume5 issue 4, 36:39,1st January 2014.
6. Osteosarcoma of mandible a case report International journal of clinical cases and investigation 2015. Volume 6 issue 4:131-139.
7. Tuberculous osteomyelitis of maxilla: National journal of oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 2014 Volume 5 Issue 2 Page Nos. 188-191.
8. Age estimation by measuring the mesial root length of mandibular third molar – A digital Radiographic study published in National Research Dent icon Vol-2, No-4 Oct- Dec, 2013
9. Effect of glass and carbon fiber reinforcement on the transverse strength of conventional heat cure denture base resin processed by heat and microwave energy – a comparative in-vitro study published in Heal talk journal 2012 May-June voloume-04 issue-05 Pg: 22-26.
10. Post anesthetic ulceration of palate: A rare complication National Journal of Maxillofacial Surgery | Vol 7 ;Issue 1: Jan-Jun 2016: 87
DR. GAURAV SHARMA
Dr Gaurav Sharma BDS, MDS has done his graduation and post graduation from the prestigious MCODS, Manipal a constituent of Manipal University. He has a large number of international and national publications to his credit. He is also the reviewer in editorial board of international Journals like JAHR. He also received the best article award for Multiple papillomas in IAOMR 2007.
- . Dr. Gaurav Sharma, Professor & HOD
- . Dr.Ramesh Gupta, Reader
- . Dr. Yagya Purush Goswami,Tutor
- . Dr. Priyanka Rustagi, Tutor
Publications: ( International and national)
- . “Eruption disturbances: an etiological- cum- management perspective” Dentomaxillofacial radiology 2005; 34; 59-63.
- . “Oral manifestations of south Indians infected with HIV/AIDS-A cross sectional prospective study’’ Oral diseases 2006; 12; 537-542
- . “ Correlation of CD4 cell count with gingival bleeding index in HIV positive individuals” Med Oral Patol Oral Cir bucal. 2008 Jun; 13 (66):E348-551.
- . “Multiple papillomas- a case report and review of literature” journal of Indian academy of oral medicine and radiology 2007; 19; 441-445
- . “Oral manifestations as predictors of immune suppression in a HIV/AIDS infected population in south India" Clinical oral investigations 2008
- “Palatally and labially impacted maxillary canine associated dental anomalies: a comparative study.” Journal of contemporary dental practice 2009;
- . “ Localization of impacted maxillary canine using a panoramic radiograph” Journal of Oral science 2009; 51(1);37-45
- . " Prevalence of Oral Manifestations and their association with CD4/CD8 ratio and HIV viral load in South India" International Journal Dentistry Vol 2011 (2011), Article ID 964278, 8 Pages
- . "News of OTA with rare palatal involvement; A case report with emphasis on differential diagnosis" case reports in Dentistry Vol.2011 (2011), Article ID 670679, 4 Pages
- . "Transmigration of Mandibular canine: report of four cases and review of literature" case reports in Dentistry Vol. 2011(2011), Article ID 381382, 5 Pages.
- . “Ultrasonography and its applications in dentistry- a known but neglected imaging modality” Indian Dentist Research and review 2011 ; 6 (9) ; 34-37
- . “Mucosal Fixed drug eruption in a patient treated with ornidazole; Journal of dermatological case reports 2012; 6(1); 21-24.
- . “Menopause and oral cavity” Indian J Endocrinology and Metabolism 2012; 16(4); 458-55
- . “Hypoglossia Type 1A; report of case and review of literature with focus on clinical investigations”
Indian Journal of Dental Research 2012;
- . “Nasopalatine duct cyst; report of two cases with review of literature” International Journal of clinical cases and investigations 2012; 4(2); 75-81.
- . “Mandibular midline supernumerary tooth associated with agenesis of mandibular incisors: A diagnostic conundrum” Stomatologija, Baltic dental and maxillofacial journal 2012; 14(2); 65-68.
- . Won the best article award for Multiple papillomas- a case report and review of literature in JIAOMR-2007 at XIXth conference of IAOMR held at Chennai on 21st to 23rd December 2007.
- . Won the best poster award for Proliferative Verrucous Leukoplakia in CDE on-An Update on Common Potentially Malignant disorders of the oral cavity held at Meerut on 15th February 2012.
Reviewer of JOURNALS
- 1 INDIAN JOURNAL OF DENTAL RESEARCH
- 2 MEMBER OF EDITORIAL BOARD
- 3 JOURNAL OF AIDS AND HIV RESEARCH (JAHR)
- 1 Workshop on “Oral health care and HIV/AIDS” held at Subharti dental college, Meerut on 12th and 13th March 2007.
- 2 CDE programme on “Oral cancer prevention using cytobrush biopsy” at Air force auditorium, New Delhi on 2nd September 2007.
- 3 XIXth national conference of Indian academy of oral medicine and radiology held at Chennai from 21st to 23rd December 2007.
- 4 PG Convention of Indian academy of oral medicine and radiology held at Mathura from 1st to 3rd August 2009.
- 5 OOO symposium at Subharti dental college on 19th march 2010
- 6 Workshop on HIV at Indian Habitat Centre by SGT dental college on 5th April 2008
- 7 XXIIth national conference of Indian academy of oral medicine and radiology held at New Delhi from 18th to 20th December 2010.